Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Job Moment

Daily Specs:

Attainable Goal - Get through the day without vomiting.
Grievance - On a scale of 1 to 10, my headache is at about an 8.
Celebration - One of the worship team women from church brought us dinner, and she was nice enough to stay and talk to me. I love human interaction.

Today has been one of those days where I feel a bit like a present-day Job. That would be Job the Bible character, not job the "career". It seems a bit extravagant to say that my situation is reminiscent of Job's in any way, and now that I think about it, it is a little selfish to think that my problems are that big. Anyhow, my day has been quite unfortunate. There is no need to laundry-list my woes, for that just makes me more depressed and it stops you from reading. Instead, I shall turn them into blessings:

Lord, thank you for a toddler with a flair for dramatics. He will forever colour the lives of those around him.

Lord, thank you for blessing me with a brand new baby that I get to spend many hours of uninterrupted bonding time with in the middle of the night.

Lord, thank you for giving my family good health. And even if we were not in good health, thank you for giving us a reason to turn to You in times when we are physically lowest and weakest.

Lord, thank you for being there to clear our minds in the most dramatic or trying of situations. You are our Guide and our Guard.

Lord, thank you for blessing my husband with a job that allows me to stay home and be with our children.

Lord, thank you a lack of sleep, for when the restful times do come, they are most welcomed and we hit our REM cycle really fast.

Lord, thank you for my headache, for you have blessed me with...um...?...a head. I am not headless.

No comments:

Post a Comment