Friday, May 8, 2009

An Apology

Daily Specs:

Attainable Goal: Get through day without crying. Again.
Grievance: Boy Love dumped a bottle of nail polish on our carpet.
Celebration: I think Mother's Day is going to be really neat.

I feel the need to write a bit of an apology/explanation of my blog posts. I know I should be apologizing for the lack of proofreading, but I will chalk up my grammatical and spelling errors to being a mother and not really having time to write these in the first place. Today, my apology is for the nature of my topics.

I feel that maybe I have been coming across as whiny, complaining, and a sniveling little priss. I may be all of those things, but I am in no way trying to use this blog as an avenue to vent. Honestly, I have been trying to recount my day-to-day happenings that cause me grief, but re-invent them in a light and (hopefully) humorous way that will bring me back to focusing on the big picture. I tend to blow things out of proportion, get overwhelmed easily, and get myself all worked up into a tizzy over things are are very silly. I need a way to remind myself that my life is not hard, and likely easier than every other mother's life.

If I have come across as ungrateful, I apologize. I am more than grateful for my life. My children are amazing. God has given me a husband that I could never have dreamed of. My parents and sister (now many parents and many sisters) are loving, supportive, and there when I need them. I have an extended family that loves me and cares about everything I do. I have found a church where I feel like I can contribute to God's work. I have a home, clothes in my closet, and food in my fridge. God has provided for me in ways that I cannot believe. It is hard to imagine that I even need to remind myself how lucky I am.

Verse of the Day:

Luke 12:27 "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."

No comments:

Post a Comment